Pastor Bee’s How to Be when serving in the Spiritual (motivational) Gift Of Serving (Ministry)
1. Be Alert- Pray that the Holy Spirit leads.. “Show me the need and how to serve”
2. Be Kind-Be considerate and Be gracious…Watch how you speak to folks and how you handle them
3. Be Generous-Be generous but know that you are not responsible to meet every need that a person may have. Some folks might try to make you feel that way. Newsflash… Only God can meet every need.
4. Be Joyful- We are to serve with a joyful heart.. We should inspire others to praise and give thanks to God.
5. Be Flexible- God may have you serve in a way that you are not familiar with or serve a people that you don’t like. He may lead you to use methods that you have never seen or heard of. OBEY!
6. Be Available-Don’t hide behind false humility when you are asked to serve or minister in a way that you don’t want or may challenge you. This ministry needs the gifts and ministries of those who are gifted and willing to serve.
7. Be serious and diligent about seeing a project or mission to completion- Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked or spread too thin.
Let me seal this with scripture… Take this how it hits you… Colossians 3:23-24 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.